Sunday, July 15, 2012

How to Vertical Garden

Appetizer *** of *****
Because my yard is small, I have considered doing some vertical gardening in my yard. How to Vertical Garden is a novelette that contains a good deal of information about vertical gardening. It is concise and fairly well organized and does cover the basics of vertical gardening from the containers you can use to building custom containers and watering systems. I was looking for a little more substance in the book. For example, I was hoping to find out more about soil mixtures and fertilizers that are better for use in vertical gardening and even some information about plants that do well in my zone. There is information about some plants that work well in vertical gardens, like beans, but I was hoping for a more expanded list. There is also a bit too much repetition in the book. The book is a good, very basic guide but that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment