Friday, July 13, 2012

Books..Love Them...Read Them...Review Them!

When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left, I buy food and clothes.”
Desiderius Erasmus

Welcome to The Book Addict Reviews!
Books..Love Them...Read Them...Review Them!
A tiny sliver of gold light spilled into my room from the hall light. I turned my book to catch the light and would read until my mother would yell up the stairs, “Martha Jane, put down that book and go to sleep. Right now! You don’t want me to come up there.”  I would have thought that she, of all people would understand. She taught me to read when I was four years old because I nagged and nagged and nagged her. I knew that there were great secrets contained in the books that she read daily and I wanted to know them, too. Fast forward a few years, and mom was yelling at me for reading in the moving car at night by the lights of headlights on the cars behind us. Later,  my mother-in-law joined in the fun, yelling at me to turn on lights so zi didn’t go blind reading.
I love books from storybooks to encyclopedia. Even at age 57, a good storybook is a treasure to find. I have worked for publishers, chosen books for book fairs, tried to write books. I use them to advance my knowledge and to escape from real life. They are my most prized possessions.
Join me on this blog. I read between 150 and 200 books a year. if you like my reviews, I may be able to keep you from buying a book that you’ll hate. If you hate my reviews, you’ll know exactly what books to purchase.
Share your opinions, too. I can’t read everything but if you tell me about something special, I’ll read it and make you my everlasting book friend. It’s a special journey that will take us anywhere and everywhere and I want to share it with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment